At Apple Valley Veterinarians we love all pets, and are thrilled when people bring new varieties to our office. In the United States, we typically see cats and dogs as household companions (By the way, fish are actually the most popular pets in the U.S.!). But other countries have different kinds of pets based on their climate and lifestyles. We’ll bet that these people love and care for their exotic animals as much as pet owners in Connecticut do:
- China is crazy for crickets: Perfect for crowded city life, crickets are easy to maintain and provide pleasant background music.
- Japan just loves bunnies: Rabbits appeal to the calm and gentle nature of the Japanese people, and don’t take up much room in cramped homes.
- Brazil goes bonkers for dogs: If you think pet owners in Connecticut enjoy dogs, you’ll really be impressed with the Brazilians’ love of their four-legged furry friends. If you visit, be sure to get a pet passport for your dog or cat!
- Russia craves cats: Since much of the country experiences frigid winters where you wouldn’t want to be taking a dog for a walk, Russian households tend to lean towards cats as pets. You may even be able to get a free cat with a mortgage at your local bank!
- Australians love to talk about turtles: While they enjoy seeing koalas and kangaroos in their native habitats, Australians love taking care of their pet turtles. They must be bought from a store, and cannot be taken from the wild.
Pet Care in Southington, Connecticut
As your veterinarian in Southington, Hartford County, Connecticut, Apple Valley Veterinarians provides a wide variety of services for the local pets we see. We want to keep pets right here happy and healthy, so we offer Routine Vaccinations, Wellness Examinations, Special Lab Tests, X-rays, Dental Care, and Pet Surgeries.
What is the most unusual pet you have ever met? Apple Valley Veterinarians has provided professional pet care in Southington, Hartford County, Connecticut since 1972. Call us at 860-628-9635 for more information or to set an appointment.