Conditions Treated at Apple Valley Veterinarians in Plantsville, CT
Apple Valley Veterinarians can serve your pet's various needs by addressing a wide range of preventive care and health conditions. Drs. Freiman and Rothstein can help your pet with:
- Skin Irritations - Allergies to foods, flea bites, local flora and other agents are a common cause of skin irritation, itching, redness, and swelling. Constant scratching, licking or biting the irritated area may lead to bacterial infection, so you want to nip this problem in the bud. Your veterinarian can identify the source of the irritation and prescribe soothing treatments to control it.
- Dental Problems - Dental problems are a common pet affliction, especially the progressive gum inflammation known as periodontal disease. Oral cancer is another serious threat to your pet's health. We can detect such problems in a pet wellness exam and prescribe treatments to stop the encroachment of damaging bacteria. Our veterinary clinic can also perform extractions or other dental surgeries as needed.
- Cancer - Cancer strikes pets as well as humans. A strange lump on your pet's body, for example, may be a cancerous tumor. Your veterinarian can remove such lumps or biopsy them to see whether your pet needs further treatment for cancer. We can also treat internal or systemic cancers or schedule consultations with cancer centers.
- Pest/Parasite Infestations - Pests and parasites pose a direct threat to your pet's quality of life, not only through the discomfort thy cause but also as a source of serious diseases. We can prescribe medications to rid your pet of these dangerous intruders and then keep them at bay for life through an ongoing preventative program.
- Systemic Illnesses - Pets can suffer from systemic illnesses such as diabetes, high blood pressure, organ failure, food sensitivities, and neurological conditions -- especially as they grow older and their vulnerability to these ailments increases. Scheduling a regular pet wellness exam will help us catch these illnesses early enough to provide the most effective veterinary care possible, from medication to surgery.
- Orthopedic Issues - While some breeds are more prone to joint problems than others, any animal can sustain an acute injury such as a ruptured knee ligament. Our skilled team can perform surgery to repair the damage or modify the joint to restore pain-free function. We can also provide treatment for orthopedic issues in hip joints, spinal joints, and other problem areas.
- Chronic Pain Conditions - Chronic pain is often a natural by-product of a long and active life, as joints wear down and arthritis sets. Nerve or muscle pain related to other chronic disorders may also reduce your pet's quality of life. We can recommend lifestyle changes and gentle exercises, prescribe pain relievers or nutritional supplements, and sometimes even perform surgery to stop bone-on-bone friction.
- Emergencies - Pet emergencies include choking or foreign object ingestion, poisoning, heat stroke, traumatic injuries and difficult labor. At times like these, you can rely on our veterinary clinic for prompt, efficient, life-saving emergency care either at our clinic or, if necessary, at a regional board certified criticalist.
Contact Our Southington Veterinarians for More Information Today!
Apple Valley Veterinarians is always ready to provide a high standard of veterinary care for your pet. Contact us at 860-628-9635 to schedule an appointment today.